Re: Note Well & GitHub

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 11:24 AM Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) There is a list for this: ietf-and-github@xxxxxxxx
> 2) There was an IESG statement early last year. I can't
> find it on the web site, but I used it to write this:
> https://github.com/becarpenter/animaproto/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

The same text is here:
https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template/blob/master/template/CONTRIBUTING.md

The important thing to note is that using a file with this name
ensures that notices are displayed in certain key places for
first-time contributors.  We might argue the relative effectiveness of
such measures, but I don't think that it's OK.