Re: Note Well & GitHub

On 2018-7-13, at 20:16, Aaron Falk <aaron.falk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yes, we are treating contributions on GitHub as contributions to the IETF process, and the Note Well applies.

I personally think any other approach would be fraught with peril.

Ah, & now that I know what to look for I see that the IASA2 project has a similar page, although with a different name: https://github.com/IASA2/Background-Note-Well. I wonder if there should be some conventions about such things?

[JL] It’d be awesome if perhaps the tools team or someone created a sample starting GitHub project with the Note Well and anything else useful and then a WG could just clone that repository when they started up. I looked around quite a bit to see what other WGs were doing on GitHub before I created the IASA2 one and probably got a bunch of stuff wrong. For example, the WG does not expect to have many I-Ds but if we did I might create a drafts folder to contain them all, as I did with the Meetings folder. On the other hand there’s enough variation in WGs that we probably don’t want to over-specify things.

[JL] BTW, don’t get me started on taking something from GitHub to upload a draft on the IETF site. 😉 IMO that’s an area of friction for document authors that should/could be made much easier.