Re: Agenda experiment for IETF 103 in November in Bangkok

Wes Hardaker <wjhns1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> I have yet to see any comments on the fact that we have O(30) working
    >> groups ask not to be scheduled on Fridays every single meeting. One of
    >> my personal hopes for this experiment is that we learn whether we can
    >> avoid these requests (and the consequent scheduling complications,
    >> which are non-trivial) by simply removing the broadly unwanted Friday
    >> slots from consideration altogether.

    > Or the other option is to simply overbook ourselves from M-Th.  Which
    > would people prefer?

    > 1) Give in to the longer and longer IETF sessions as we need to get
    > there earlier and earlier.  [It's certainly hitting me personally.]

    > 2) Having *and attending* meetings on Friday

    > 3) Or cramming more sessions in during the rest of the week (e.g.,
    > throwing out the social and Tuesday and the Meet-n-greet on Thursday)
    > and having an additional slots then?

4) every WG gets 1 hr with conflicts sorted out.
   I read in the thread somewhere that we have some 260hours of meeting time
   available, and 120 WG.
   (I could go look it up, but 9hr * 8 slots * 4 days = 288)

   That leaves a second hour (where conflicts would mostly be ignored) for nearly
   every WG, and a few hours left over.  Many groups won't need a second
   hour, and some like 6man regularly take 4 hours.

I understand that 103 will eliminate 2.5 hour slots, and will have more 1hr
slots.  This is good, and I think that this will actually be where the more
interesting results of the experient are.

It would be nice if there was a survey asking people about WG conflicts for 101,
102 and 103. (We could go back further, but remembering 101 will be hard
enough)

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [