Re: Agenda experiment for IETF 103 in November in Bangkok

If we are going formally include a sightseeing day in the agenda, then mid-week would be my preference :)

I think this is a silly experiment. There may be a few who use it to meet informally, but given the reluctance of so many to stay to Friday even when there are formal meetings, I think the IETF on Friday is likely to become even more of a ghost town.

If you want to create  informal time, I suggest the IESG simply declare some mid-week open slots, where nothing is allowed to be scheduled. Ideally neither the first or the last slots in the day. That way people will be in the building but free to talk, just like they are for the Sunday reception, and for most lunch, refreshment breaks and dinner breaks.

- Stewart