Re: Planned changes to registration payments & deadlines

Hi Roni,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 05:38:58AM +0000, Roni Even (A) wrote:
> Hi,
> I asked this question and got no answer.

My apologies; I thought I answered your question in
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/FkY0aC7GGDmHnp4_VwS6s28Rjt0/?qid=2b1021a715767b75d6ff36f5db2f96bb.
Let me try again.

> Is there a reason why you need to pay when registering since the fee is based on when you pay not when you register in the current policy.
>
> It complicate the process when the registration which requires your personal information and the payment done by the company are done by two separate persons

We will not require that registration happens in a single step; it
will still be possible to pay separtely from filling in the personal
information required for registration.  But registration is only
complete upon payment.

The reason we need this is not just perversity.  Part of the goal, as
I mentioned in another message yesterday, is predictability.  In the
case of a registration that is not yet paid, we have little in the way
of signal as to whether the person will show up.  Paid registrations
are a stronger indication of who is actually coming to the meeting.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx