Re: Planned changes to registration payments & deadlines

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 08:25:15AM +0100, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> FWIW, I think that's another bit of a bad plan - I see no reason why
> the ability to buy a social ticket or not, or the ability to register
> a companion or not, would affect meeting income.

It affects expenses.  If you are not registered (i.e. if you didn't
pay yet) then we have no evidence you're going to come.  If you could
register for ancillary things without having registered for the
meeting, then if you never register we'd need to have tracked those
other things and be able to undo them.  The way that is handled now
is, "Not well," so the existing tooling and processes are not really a
consideration.

> PS: I realise my workflow may be a bit of a corner-case, but I'm
> starting to regret that the IAOC didn't just bump the meeting fee
> and leave it at that - another US$100 or something on the fee could
> even work out cheaper for me compared to the time spent dealing more
> with my local bureaucrats... and for them having to deal more with me
> too of course;-)

If that's the case, why don't you stick with your current workflow
using the later rate?  It seems to me that you could achieve your goal
simply by paying more money, no?

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx