Re: Proposed Photography Policy - Transparency and Leadership

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 04:18:27PM +0000, Tim Chown wrote:
> Or maybe if Google worked better - there's a lot of "leadership" photos at https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/photos/, including David's, presumably without alt or meta tags. (Although actually I get two photos of David from Googling 'IETF David Black', and one of Gorry, and none from Binging 'IETF David Black'.)

Ted must be on some blacklist.

> Personally, I'd rather not have people taking obtrusive photos of me without asking first, and I'd rather not have any "official" photo from a meeting be used on the IETF site without permission.

True. But it would help a lot to run more specifically through examples,
because there are so many variations, and "obtrusive" is not really
a well defined term. Or what a "small group" is. If as a WG chair take
a photo of the room , what would make that obtrusive of a small group ?
< 20 people ? < 50 people ? Is it obtrusive based on resolution - eg:
when the image allows to recognize faces ? I really don't know.

Can we at least agree that physical harrassment/intimidation is a different
topic and stop talking abot pushing cameras into peoples faces as something
that justifies or is core to a photo policy ? Some progress in this discussion
here, please ? pretty please with a dollup of cream (and beer if you must) ? ;-)

> This email thread is getting very long, around 200 posts.  Surely people have drafts to finish before the deadline? ;)

Just letting it settle for a last review before posting ;-)

Cheers
    Toerless