Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On 3/2/18 8:37 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

On Mar 2, 2018, at 6:36 PM, Adam Roach <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/2/18 8:33 PM, Joe Touch wrote:

On Mar 2, 2018, at 6:23 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The point is to create expectations about how participants will treat each other.

Expectations, as I noted, are not an issue.

The issue is when we imply that there are consequences when those expectations are not met. That’s when things get entangled and detailed in ways that have collateral damage to other interactions.

If someone asks you to stop doing something to them and you don't, there is a very real chance that there will be consequences one way or another. I can't imagine why photography would be different in this regard than any other actions.

It isn’t, but we don’t need an IETF policy for that to happen. There are already legal remedies.

We have an ombudsteam precisely because we really don't want harassment to reach the level of civil suits before being addressed. There's a huge gulf between "destructive to productivity and inclusiveness" and "lawsuit-worthy." If "lawsuit-worthy" is your benchmark for what behaviors you consider okay, I'm have serious reservations about your judgement in this matter.

/a