Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On 3/2/18 1:08 PM, Mary B wrote:
I am getting a better sense of the problem you're trying to solve as indeed there have been many times that I've told someone to stop doing something and gotten that exact response (i.e., no one else has that problem, so why does it bother you?).  That actually came up a WG that had a presentation with what I considered an inappropriate picture that I think you're familiar with.   So, bringing it to this level, your point does resonate.

To me this is just solving the tiniest sliver of a larger problem that I thought was the intent of this whole anti-harassment ombudsperson setup.  Of course, having used the process and gotten unsatisfactory results and basically been told by the ombudsperson that to avoid the situation in the future, I should adjust my behavior, I get the issue.

I feel sad that you don't think your concerns were addressed in the situation you're referring to. I don't know anything about your interaction with the ombudsteam, but I was personally involved in making certain the chairs and presenter were made aware of your concern, and all involved parties indicated that they would be careful to prevent any similar situations arising in the future.

/a