Re: [Mtgvenue] [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir telechat review of draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-12

On 5 Feb 2018, at 8:43, Stewart Bryant wrote:

Actually it is more than the facility itself, it is the venue and transport to the venue, and there are a range of disabilities beyond mobility that we need to take into account.

If you want a high-level requirement it is presumably something like "that there is no reasonable impediment to a participant with mobility or sensory disability travelling to and from the venue, obtaining suitable accommodation at the venue, or being able to fully participate in all aspects of the meeting"

That a pretty substantial change to a piece of text that took a great deal of back and forth on which to come to rough consensus. Perhaps Eliot could suggest some text to satisfy your concern that the requirement is for more than just the facility, without having to re-hash the whole issue.

SB> Given the support and encouragement of remote participants, there ought to be a note about sharing unreasonable time zone difference pain across the
spectrum of remote participants.

I don't believe we currently do take that into account in location selection (perhaps others can chime in), so this would be a new requirement. We could bring this back to the WG to try and get consensus around it, but that doesn't excite me. :-) I'll leave it to my fearless AD to advise.

I suppose location is a proxy for this, but if we are trying to be inclusive we ought to be inclusive to both groups of participant.

See comments from Brian, Lars, and Alissa.

8.  Privacy Considerations

   This note reveals no personally identifying information apart from
   its authorship.

SB> This is true, but does spawn the question of whether privacy should
be a meeting location selection criteria?

"I refer my Right Honourable Friend to the answer I gave some moments ago." ;-) This sounds like a can of worms. I'll again wait for AD direction.

Hm, I doubt that I will ever advice the Queen :)

Well certainly you ought to. ;-)

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478