Re: www.ietf.org

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jari,
On 18/01/2018 02:27, Jari Arkko wrote:
> Retaining that sort of “ultimate directory of everything under the IETF” functionality is I think still important, and much of the information here could be needed by either newcomers, old-timers, or completely external people. I think for that role, the main IETF web page still needs to be the starting point.

This really isn't an aspect of web sites (in general) that has improved over the years; it's got progressively worse. The old home page (www6.ietf.org)

Wow. This link does have the search box I have been looking for, thanks Brian.

Behcet
was IMHO inferior for that purpose to the *old* old home page, which lives on as www6.ietf.org/content. Yes, modern site design provides good eye candy and hopefully supports accessibility, but for just finding stuff, plain and simple is better.

Hence https://www.ietf.org/links/

    Brian