Re: How many rooms _actually_ available ? Re: IETF 101 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open!

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> http://www.conferences-uk.org.uk/manchester-conference-centre-and-venues
>
> Lists at least two.
>
> - Stewart

The Old Trafford and Ethiad Stadium are hardly suitable for the IETF,
before we even look at "dates available."

Edinburgh and Glasgow were considered, but found to be lacking in
various ways. The list of "what the community wants" coupled with
any given facility's ability to deal with our rather unreasonable
(from a lay perspective) networking requirements leaves us with
not a great many options. [I have this dream that one days we will
just leave all of our equipment behind and there will be a bronze
plaque in the lobby thanking the IETF for its contribution, but
then there is this small matter of support....]

Ole