Re: How many rooms _actually_ available ? Re: IETF 101 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open!

In article <20171215074821.GA12844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Aka: Just my regular request: more disclosure/transparency please.

I'm not opposed, but if there were a note saying, e.g., there were 527
rooms for Thursday night and they're all sold out now, how would
anyone's behavior be any different?  Or if it said there were 94 rooms
reserved for staff and committee members?

As far as I can tell, the only place in the world where we could find
adequate conference space with enough rooms for everyone in the
adjacent hotel(s) is Las Vegas, and there's other reasons not to meet
there.

R's,
John
--