Re: paperless videos, was IETF Journal - November 2017

I like the single point of access: agenda on datatracker.
The audio recordings are hosted on www.ietf.org. Usually there
are also meetecho video recordings hosted from a meetecho site,
except seemingly for this plenary (not sure what other pieces
are missing).

I would suggest to have from that agenda page video downloads of
videos stored on www.ietf.org (aka: copy them there like the
audio recordings), but also preferentially streaming
button from youtube (figure out the right URL so folks who want
to stream go to youtube or meetecho first).

Especially because ietf.org/live only points
to the last IETF and one might want to wach videos of older IETFs.
And its unclear to me if/how long-term guaranteed the availability
of meetecho recording URLs is. Given how meetecho is "only" a contractor,
it could change.

Of course it would also be great to ask youtube if they could
give permission for folks to download IETF videos from youtube
(even if they technically don't change anything. Just make it legal
for IETF videos on youtube to be downloaded with those otherwise
"illegal" downloaders. Might even have a script on www.ietf.org
to make this easy). If youtube would allow download, then it might
be sufficient to not hav video copies on ietf owned storage, but
rely on those two locations (youtube, meetecho) for the time being
(and copy stuff over once one of them goes away).

Cheers
    Toerless

--
---