Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Hi Gonzallo,
At 01:36 AM 09-11-2017, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
ISOC does a lot of so-called development work in different communities.
In our last board meeting in Kenya, for instance, we saw a few examples
of improvements in communities as a result of getting connected.

The only information in the above is that ISOC had a board meeting in Kenya.

I'll make an off-topic comment about "connectivity". I used "Zoom" for a conference call with a few persons located in Africa. The audio quality was bad. To avoid any misunderstanding I'll mention that I do not expect ISOC to fix the problem. Is that acceptable given that it has been like that in the past?

I see Internet stuff which is a copy and paste of what is done in developed countries without any understanding of the local context. What are the results of the so-called development work?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy