Re: letting IETF build on top of Open Source technology

Hiya,

On 30/10/17 22:19, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>

> On 10/30/17 10:51 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>> I like the idea, but would echo Brian's concerns.
>> Maybe some examples would help though? What examples have
>> you in mind (as authors) or can you point at some?
>
> The obvious example would be the vast quantities of YANG that are
> cropping up everywhere.

I can see that something might work ok for yang, yes.

> Another one that many reference outside of the
> IETF context is ArcSight CEF, which is an overlay on SYSLOG that is
> frequently used.  When there's active development on a project, this
> isn't a good fit, due to feature velocity.  Even there, though, some may
> wish to declare certain interfaces both public and stable.  I could
> imagine the git team doing that, for instance, given the number of front
> ends there are with it.

I'm not familiar with ArcSight.

I guess I'd suggest trying to collate a bunch of examples
(not necessarily in a -01 version, but somewhere) and it'll
be easier for folks to see what might work easily or be
hard.

Cheers,
S.