Re: letting IETF build on top of Open Source technology

Hi Stephen,

On 10/30/17 10:51 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> I like the idea, but would echo Brian's concerns.
> Maybe some examples would help though? What examples have
> you in mind (as authors) or can you point at some?

The obvious example would be the vast quantities of YANG that are
cropping up everywhere. Another one that many reference outside of the
IETF context is ArcSight CEF, which is an overlay on SYSLOG that is
frequently used.  When there's active development on a project, this
isn't a good fit, due to feature velocity.  Even there, though, some may
wish to declare certain interfaces both public and stable.  I could
imagine the git team doing that, for instance, given the number of front
ends there are with it.

Eliot