Re: [Ideas] WG Review: IDentity Enabled Networks (ideas)

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Uma Chunduri <uma.chunduri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some reponses in-line [Uma]:
>
> ------------
>
>                 >>- Analysis of the concepts of identity-identifier split and dynamic
>                 >>identifier changes, including their implications on anonymity and
>                 >>privacy. Explicitly, the framework must define privacy requirements and
>                 >>how potential extensions/solutions should meet them.
>
>         >Why is privacy requirements being redefined?  The IAB already has a RFC about that.  I have not done a search; there are probably IETF RFCs about that subject.
>
> [Uma]: I am not sure what do you mean by "Privacy requirements redefined".  Today in mapping systems LOC information is not private, meaning anybody can access this information.

I don't believe that is true. There are many examples of deployments
that have a private mapping system which is not accessible by just
anyone, For instance, in multi tenant virtualization it is imperative
that tenants are not able to access the mapping system-- if they were
then the whole concept of virtual network isolation starts to breaks
done. Mapping systems are already by protected using ACLs,
authentication, network isolation, etc.

Tom