Re: Yokohama Hotels Update was Re: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Ray Pelletier <rpelletier@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All;
>
> Here is where things stand.
>
> 1.  "Headquarters Hotel”
>
> Our Host, WIDE, is attempting to obtain more guest rooms in the
> InterContinental Yokohama Grand.
>
> The InterContinental Yokohama Grand has 475 standard rooms, but
> would only allow us to book 300 rooms on the peak nights of Monday
> and Tuesday.  They said they had to accommodate their existing
> corporate and airline contracts.

It seems like IETF is reserving around 300 rooms at the main hotel.
I think that in the past few IETFs, it became clear that the number of
people who make quick reservations and who wishes to stay at the main
conference hotel exceed this amount. Maybe the total of such a
population is around 500.
The fact that IETF has been reserving less number of rooms is causing
a frustration among so many people, such a frustration did not happen
before.
Maybe the reason is there are now more people attending IETF. We are
seeing similar tendency in IEEE 802 meetings as well.

So my suggestion is to increase the number of rooms to negotiate at
the main hotel.

My 2 cents.

Behcet