Re: R: R: [BOFChairs] IETF 94 - Registration and Hotel Information - no availablity

On 8/16/15 9:39 AM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:
> The Intercontinental is not a particularly large hotel, but it IS
> the hotel directly connected to the venue. The venue is a conference
> center, not a hotel. I think you will find the venue quite excellent,
> and access to other hotels easy.

In Vienna the hotel was not connected to the meeting venue
but still had plenty of space.  There are probably a lot of
reasons for wanting to stay in the meeting hotel.  It
would not be surprising if there's a hotel rush for IETF
95 as a result, including more reservations made by people
who might be going but aren't sure, since we've got no way
of knowing if there are 300 rooms or 1300 rooms.

I suppose this is an appropriate please to inject yet another
plea for de-emphasizing meetings in IETF process.

Melinda