Re: Single virtual queue (was Re: Pink Squares)

On Jul 27, 2015, at 2:34 PM, Ted Lemon <ted.lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:56 AM, Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The web interface has drawbacks too, but it is likely to be trivial for
most of us, most of the time, given that we all heavily use web
interfaces and nearly all of us have easy online access in meetings.[*]

I like this idea in principle, but it requires you either to carry your laptop with you up to the mic, or that you have a smart phone.   Are we really comfortable imposing that requirement on participants?

I’m not sure, but regardless, I don’t think that requiring people to be looking at either screen is a step in the right direction.

We keep complaining that people are reading email on their laptops or phones instead of participating in the discussion. Now we will make it so that you can’t put the screen away to better engage in the discussion. And while you’re looking at the screen, you get all sort of notifications about emails, text messages. I think having the local participants use a web interface is a net loss for the discussion.

Yoav