Re: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 02:12:04PM +0200, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> On 2015-04-23 14:01, Ted Lemon wrote:
> > On Apr 23, 2015, at 6:40 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >> Do you have any comments on how this displays for you?
> >>
> >> https://zin.tools.ietf.org/pt/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-19-responsive.html
> >

> > Too small (not that you were asking me).   The problem with a
> > responsive design in this case is that there is no need for it.   We
> > just want the browser to display the text in a font that's readable
> > on the display, and to flow it correctly, which it should do based on
> > the xml2rfc html output.
>
> The first problem I was trying to solve was that for me, the text without
> responsive design was too small to read comfortably on my tablets.

+1 relative font size (1em), even though it doesn't produce the best
results in all my {device, browser} combinations.

If we can't find a choice that works for everyone on all their devices
-- and almost certainly we will not be able to! -- then add a button to
the htmlized I-D for bigger/smaller font.

Tablet and smartphone browsers all too often have font size +/- buttons
that are much more difficult to reach than a button on the page would
be.

> I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that other people might like to be able
> to read on tablets, too.

You were assuming that your {tablet, browser} choices are representative.

> > I wonder if you are reacting to the current HTML output of XML2RFC
> > v2.
>
> No, I've never found that particularly readable, and don't use it.

That too should be fixed to have a +/- font size button at the top.

Nico