Re: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

Hi Paul,

Snipping back in the part which you snipped out, where I asked people about
their preference for a point size:

On 2015-04-22 16:32, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2015, at 6:58 AM, Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I'd like to hear from other people.  The choice of 12pt for today's devices
>>> can definitely be changed; please let me know if you have a preference for
>>> a different point size.
>>>
>>> Using "1em" seems semantically better than stating a specific size. On my browser, "1em" also has a more pleasing visual effect for me.
>>
>> 1em is going away.  It's going to change to a point size, but which one, is the
>> question.  I thought I'd been pretty clear about that.
>
> You were not.

I believe I was, see above, and I have no idea why you want a firefight about
this instead of letting people respond to what I'd really like to hear from
them about, namely preferences for point size.

> and I hope you will consider following the HTML semantics more closely.

???  You obviously believe that a font size of '1em' or 'medium' is semantically
more correct than '12pt'.  Can you back that up?  The CSS 2.1 specification
is very clear about the semantic meaning of point sizes, see Section 4.3.2 of
the CSS 2.1 specifcaiton.

> If you don't want to use "1em", please consider "medium", which tells
> the browser to use the default size it believes is best based on
> defaults and configuration by the user.

That's funny.  'medium' is the default setting, which is what you get with
1em.  Hilarious :-D

	Henrik