Re: FTP Service Discontinuance Under Consideration; Input Requested

This is not a contest, one is not more important than the other, it is a question of dependencies.  People's privacy on the Internet, yes hopefully built into the Internet's protocols, is dependent on a free, open, and accessible standards process.  In the name of privacy, you cannot lock up and  limit access to, what at the same time in the name of privacy must be open and accessible.

However, this is irrelevant to the announcement and request for community comment.  I think it is appropriate to retire support for FTP as announced.  There are newer more appropriate options supported and in dominant use, http and rsync.

Thanks.

> On Apr 4, 2015, at 10:49, <l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <l.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> If privacy is so important to the IETF, why are we all posting to this list using our real names?
>
> Lloyd Wood
> http://about.me/lloydwood
>
> can we call the IETF chair "Number One"?

David Farmer                          Email: farmer@xxxxxxx
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE         Phone: +1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: +1-612-812-9952