Re: FTP Service Discontinuance Under Consideration; Input Requested

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015, Joe Touch wrote:

So let's say that "network" is run by your government, and they don't
want to do that. You're OK with denying access?

You realise the irony that a large part of this mess is because of
recently discovered government behaviour? :P

I don't think that's appropriate. Our documents are not "only for those
who have non-monitored access".

I hope we are steadily moving moving towards a network that comes with
build-in privacy. I am not saying that the IETF needs to be the front
runner in that with their documents, although at some point in time
we should do what we preach.

But this has been an argument going back a decade and we won't get
agreement IETF-wide :)

Paul