Re: FTP Service Discontinuance Under Consideration; Input Requested

On Fri, 3 Apr 2015, Joe Touch wrote:

Yes, but it's also important IMO to allow HTTP access and not require HTTPS.

I.e., the reason for the shift should not be to force use of a secure
connection. Some paths will drop anything they can't inspect, and
there's no reason to force that here for users who don't want it.

I don't think I agree. And neither does RFC 7258.

If you are on a network that needs to MITM your HTTPS, it should run you
through their SOCKS / PROXY and install the right trust anchors on your
machine.

Paul