Re: What is a "management position? [Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice]

On 3/14/15 11:54 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

> --On Saturday, March 14, 2015 10:06 -0700 joel jaeggli
> <joelja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> For the recallable positions, the situation is much more
>>> tricky because a recall petition needs 20 signatories and is
>>> announced. Let's get real : if that happens, the
>>> confidentiality *will* be breached.
>>
>> I don't think we can know that a priori.
>>
>> Our previous experiment with the recall process involved
>> unavailability, not some causal condition. I don't think
>> there's particular merit in spelling out how a recall will be
>> iniatiated, as that is dictated by circumstances and the power
>> to do is vested in nomcom qualified individuals
>
> Joel,
>
> First, we've had no previous experience with the "recall
> process".  The example I assure you are referring to was one in
> which commitments to sign had been collected and it was clear
> that the recall process would be initiated if the individual
> involved did not resign, but he did.

You are incorrect, the process was initiated.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg10887.html

It was not necessary for it to run to completion.