Re: Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice

On 3/9/15 3:14 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:
we did discuss the leadership-as-respondent issues during IESG Evaluation, and we concluded keeping these procedures and recall separate was best. Pete or Adrian can give details if you're interested.

The short answer is that the IESG generally thought that "crossing the streams" was a bad idea. Imagine that we do get to the particular point of horror, that someone in leadership has harassed someone in such a way that the Ombudsteam concludes the only appropriate remedy is that they are unable to attend future meetings or participate in list discussions, *and* that person refused to resign their post. Even if they keep the fact of the harassment confidential and simply said, "I will be unable to attend meetings in the future for personal reasons, nor will I be able to participate in WG list discussions, but I still wish to remain as AD", that's really plenty enough impetus for a recall committee to be formed and remove the person from their post.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478