Re: [Diversity] 'Paywall, ' IETF self-sufficiency, increasing participation (was Re: Remote participation fees)

Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> [2015-03-001 10:34:10 +0100]:
3) A sizeable number of IETF participants do so using their work e-mail
    addresses.

which is a feature, not a bug.  you know who fills their rice bowl.

I am not suggesting it is a bug. Like you, I see it as a feature.

this is a decade old, but relevant to this 'discussion'

     http://archive.psg.com/051000.ccr-ivtf.html

Thanks, Randy! That was a *very* interesting read.

--
Pranesh Prakash
Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society