RE: Remote participation fees [Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY]

On February 14, 2015 9:33:27 PM EST, "MH Michael Hammer (5304)" <MHammer@xxxxxx> wrote:
>The one thing I haven't heard raised is the risk of disengagement by
>folks who only participate and contribute in particular working groups
>and are not "IETFers" in the sense that many of you are. You may find
>that many remote contributors to working groups that are not sponsored
>by enterprises will find other venues to contribute their time and
>energy.

That and it would seem odd to me to periodically move the work of an open standards group completely behind a paywall.

Personally, I'm glad to participate here and there as time and interest allow. There's plenty of other things I could contribute to though. I think it's not very likely I'd pay to participate remotely.

Scott K