Re: Remote participation fees [Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY]

On 15 February 2015 at 05:22, Scott Kitterman <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That and it would seem odd to me to periodically move the work of an open standards group completely behind a paywall.

Oh, I'm glad that someone else said this - I was thinking it. I would rather figure out a way to have the meetings themselves free to attend.

I was getting worried that it'd end up with the IETF charging to participate on mailing lists or something. $150 per draft upload, anyone?

Charging the people we want to be contributing just doesn't seem logical to me.

Dave.