Re: Remote participation fees

On Feb 24, 2015, at 8:32 PM, Eric Burger <eburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The last thing we need as we are just beginning to have success reaching out beyond North American, European, Japanese, S. Korean, and Australian mid-size to large corporations is to toss up a paywall, some as much as a month’s salary or more, for the ‘privilege’ of contributing to the IETF.

You know, it's really frustrating when you participate in a discussion, try to contribute helpfully, and then essentially get accused of being a blithering idiot by someone who didn't bother to consider the possibility that you might not be.   I'm sure you've had that experience too.   Heck, I've been the one who assumed the other person was an idiot too, so I can relate.

Anyway, if you think I was proposing a paywall, please go back and re-read what I actually wrote, and the rest of the discussion that followed, with the presumption in mind that I did _not_ mean to propose any such thing (because I didn't!), and see if the discussion still works, or if you find something I or someone else said that contradicts that assumption.

Thanks.