Re: the ancient location question, was IETF-91 Question

On Aug 13, 2014, at 12:08 AM, manning bill <bmanning@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> the number of folks who are -required- to do cross-area review are generally paid to commit the time for IETF work.
> so thats not a big issue.  committed old-timers will do it anyway.

I don't like flying to 3 ietfs a year.   I wouldn't fly to nine.   And committed old timers retire.   If you break up the organization, where does the next generation of committed old-timers come from?   And anyway, what makes you think it's the committed old-timers who are the ones who should be doing the cross-area reviews?   Sometimes they are, but sometimes it's someone new to the organization who's needed for a particular review, and if the participants don't know each other, that person won't get tapped.