Re: the ancient location question, was IETF-91 Question

>Obviously all other things being equal, I�d rather be in Hawaii than Minneapolis.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would vastly prefer to be in
Minneapolis.  It's closer, cheaper, more conducive to work, and the
food is better.

I understand that Honolulu is closest place in the US to north Asia,
which means that it has a certain logic in our geographic rotation,
but in general I'd much rather not go to places that are primarily
resorts.

This is not a complaint about the IAOC -- I realize that they try hard
to figure out what IETFers want, and it's not their fault if everyone
else is wrong.

R's,
John

PS: I might be in a better mood if I were not writing this from a
conference on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, in August, mind you, a
venue that makes Orlando seem like a paragon of economy and
accessibility.