Re: Reviving watersprings.org.

On Jul 2, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At the time that waterspring was set up we didn't archive old versions of I-Ds and once an I-D had expired it disappeared (related issues, but separately annoying). That is no longer the case, so the (UI aside) the main residual value would be retrieving the archive of old I-Ds and I am not so sure how useful that is, but archivists and IPR lawyers might comment).

Do we have a place I can download that from? Watersprings lets you download any given draft that it has that you want, but to my knowledge doesn’t allow for a block download/rsync. The IETF used to have such a place, and deleted it. I discovered that by accident when I deleted my mirror with a view to recovering from the IETF. Oops.

I have something I got from Scott Bradner, which is probably complete or mostly complete, but which I have found holes in and filled. My problem is that I don’t know what I don’t know.