Re: Last Call: Change the status of ADSP (RFC 5617) to Historic

On Nov 20, 2013, at 2:11 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a google search of "rfc 5617 historic" produced ready access to the relevant part of the ietf list archive.

Maybe so, but you just wrecked that, because what you just said and my reply will now show up as more relevant in the search results.   Which is why relying on google search for this, useful as I agree it is, is the wrong solution.

The datatracker is better, but I think it's relatively unusual for people to wind up in the datatracker or to know to go looking there for this sort of information.   A document that's listed in the metadata is clearly better, although possibly not _enough_ better to justify the effort.