Re: procedural question with remote participation

On Aug 5, 2013, at 5:26 AM, SM <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 13:10 04-08-2013, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
>> You have the agenda and drafts 2 weeks in advance.  The slides aren't normative.  Even
>
> I do not have the agenda two weeks in advance.

Huh.  Sounds like a WG Chair problem.  I believe draft agendas are due 2 weeks in advance, and final agendas due 1 week in advance.  Or at least that was the excuse I was given when I've been denied requests to add stuff to WG agendas on previous occasions - the Chairs told me I was asking too late. (as they should have)

> What is the meaning of "normative" in the above?

I was trying to be cute by using the term from our drafts/RFCs, as in normative references vs. informative, or the document's RFC2119-type text is normative while examples are informative.  I meant the slides are just helpful guides, like pictorial examples, vs. the draft itself which is the real proposal.  I guess the joke flopped. :(

> Some of the Jabber scribes are not able to tell me who are at the microphone when I ask them.  If it was my decision to make (and it is not), the Jabber scribe would be allowed to comment at the microphone even after the microphone line is capped.  A person can always argue that it is an arbitrary decision.  :-)

Again, this sounds like a WG Chair problem.  If you find that happening, send a private email to that working group's Chair(s) reminding them of the jabber folks.  And if they ignore you, then send a private email to the Area Director(s).  WG Chairs and ADs are generally decent human beings, at least in private.  ;)

> As an off-topic comment, it's not because the Meetecho people are nice that one should expect them to act as Jabber scribes.

I don't expect Meetecho people to jabber scribe.  I expect other folks in the room to volunteer.  It's a heck of a lot easier/better than being the minute taker.  That's why I volunteer for being a scribe - to avoid being a minute taker. :)

-hadriel