Re: History of protocol discussion or process in WG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Crocker" <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Sam Hartman" <hartmans-ietf@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Abdussalam Baryun" <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx>; "ietf"
<ietf@xxxxxxxx>; "Lixia Zhang" <lixia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:38 PM

> On 2/3/2013 10:28 AM, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > I'm not sure I've ever been involved with a WG where you could have
> > gotten consensus on any of the above enough to publish it.  Nor can
> > think of many WGs that have the excess energy to do this work.  Even
> > getting consensus on a summary of where you ended up is quite
> > tricky.
>

> Getting consensus on the details of a history is much more difficult
> than on a technical spec...
>
> So don't try.

There is an I-D in IDR which recorded a substantial part of the history
but it was the AD, and the WG, that was not happy with it so it is
currently in - well, I don't know what state (now if we had a summary of
the status of I-Ds adopted by a WG published each month, as was recently
suggested on this list, well, then, I would have the status off pat:-)

Tom Petch