Re: English spoken here (was: PowerPoint considered harmful)

Hi John,
At 09:21 02-12-2012, John C Klensin wrote:
(d) Their reading-English is much better than their spoken
English and they have trouble keeping up even if (b) is quite
moderate.

Yes.

But can be considerably aided in many cases by written material
(slides, summaries, or both) well in advance especially if those
material are also used at the meeting, thereby aiding
synchronization.

As a personal opinion I would say yes but I'll leave it to the consensus of the group.

Cultural styles also make some of the most affected parties less
likely to speak up for their specific needs on this list than
one might like.  That leaves the rest of us with a choice

Probably.

Please note that I don't know the solution.

Regards,
-sm