Re: Recall petition for Mr. Marshall Eubanks

Mike:

As Joel already said, the recall process is not dependent on the wishes of the IAOC.

Further, please note that IAB, IESG, and IAOC members cannot be recall petition signers.  RFC 3777 says:

 1.  At any time, at least 20 members of the IETF community, who are
     qualified to be voting members of a nominating committee, may
     request by signed petition (email is acceptable) to the Internet
     Society President the recall of any sitting IAB or IESG member.

According to RFC 3777, sitting members of the IESG and IAB are not qualified to be voting members of NomCom.  And, there is a long-standing tradition that IAOC members will not serve on NomCom.  There is also an I-D that just finished IETF Last Call to formally exclude IAOC members from serving on NomCom.

Russ