RE: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

I'm pretty amazed at the angry tone in this thread.

Are you sound-and-fury types willing to roll up your sleeves and actually help the IAOC do a better job, or perhaps join the NomCom to ensure selection of people that can, or is this just capitalizing on the fact that's easy to be antagonistic on a mailing list?

Or perhaps to satisfy the repeatedly-asserted requirements of relatively inexpensive, low crime, caters to all kinds of dietary needs and restrictions, doesn't use glass for water bottles, exceptionally powerful air purifiers to accommodate smokers and non-smokers alike, outstanding yet cheap food with plenty of cookies, isn't too hot or too cold and has few immigration problems, you think the IAOC should direct AMS to construct a moderate island-meeting-venue off the coast of San Diego in international waters with its own state-of-the-art airport and airline operating nothing but high-speed turbulence-avoiding extra-comfort Airbus A380s to all other major world hubs, fully insured, and all future meetings will be held there, magically at little or no cost to us.  For those who like variety, this island Utopia can be made relocatable, giving it 3-4 months to reach its next position after we all leave.

As that's probably impractical, do we think we could maybe take it down a notch?