RE: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

> From: Thomas Heide Clausen [ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> For some of us, getting reimbursed for a higher meeting fee is
> actually a lot easier than getting reimbursed for a higher
> hotel-fee. Such would be the case when, for example, traveling on a
> fixed per-diem intended for covering accommodation/food, but
> reimbursed on cost for the meeting fee.

A good point, but part of the reasoning for the current fee structure
(subsidizing the meeting proper via the hotel rooms) is to make it
possible to attend cheaply by locals and people on limited budgets who
are willing to book inexpensive accommodations.

> From: John C Klensin [john-ietf@xxxxxxx]
>
> > What's a non-peak destination for July?
>
> Phoenix.  Probably Houston or Fort Worth.

I think that rooms could be obtained cheaply in Maimi in July.  (The
typical daily high is around 34 C, with high humidity.)

Dale