RE: Gen-ART LC/Tekechat Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-10

So, the rate control does recognize that the first notify message can be empty or might not contain all state:

   $3.2:  Thus, the first notification might be empty, or certain values might be absent.

The text that was originally quoted, that we're discussing is this:

   A compliant notifier MUST generate notifications whenever the time
   since the most recent notification exceeds the value in the "max-
   interval" parameter.  Depending on the event package and subscriber
   preferences indicated in the SUBSCRIBE request, the NOTIFY request
   MUST contain either the current full state or the partial state
   showing the difference between the current state and the last
   successfully communicated state.

The second sentence, taken out of context might be interpreted as Ben did - a blanket prohibition on empty notify messages.  Reading through again, with complete context, I'm not sure that I agree with this assessment.  If the rate-control editors are amenable to a clarification in this section, it would be nice, but I don't see it as necessary.

--Martin