Re: Gen-ART LC/Tekechat Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-10

On Mar 21, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:

> If rate-control gives the impression that it disallows empty NOTIFYs to
> be sent then rate-control needs to change. If location is not available
> at the time when the SUBSCRIBE hits the location server then the server
> just cannot send something.
>
> Do you agree with me?

We're not talking about NOTIFYs sent in response to a SUBSCRIBE. We're talking about NOTIFY's sent as a result of a max-interval expiration, when using the rate-control mechanism.  The rate-control draft requires content in that situation, and the geopriv-loc-filters draft recommends empty notifies in the same situation.