Re: Qualitative Analysis of IETF and IESG trends (Re: Measuring IETF and IESG trends)

--On Thursday, 26 June, 2008 09:41 +1200 Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And of course, individual ADs
> have to think carefully whether a given issue is or is not
> worthy of a DISCUSS, and sometimes they get it wrong. But
> that will always be true, however we tune the process and
> procedures.

Brian,

While I agree with this, I also believe that there have to be
effective safeguards against bad judgments prevailing for too
long.  And I believe that those have largely slipped away from
us... unless we believe that making changes, unvalidated by WG
or mailing list consensus, simply to get a DISCUSS removed is
the right way to get to "high quality, relevant technical and
engineering documents...".

    john