Re: Qualitative Analysis of IETF and IESG trends (Re: Measuring IETFand IESG trends)

And if we see fluctuation in
these delays, and fluctuation in the amount of active intervention
by the ADs, it does not follow that the IESG is to blame. Maybe
there are external factors, maybe there are WGs that are forgetting
the IETF's mission, maybe our technology is getting harder and
more complex. So I'm very dubious about using either quantitative
*or* qualitative observations to point the finger at the IESG, or
at process issues in general, without digging much deeper.

I'm remembering conversations with Allison and some other Proto types where Allison made the point that the tracker stages didn't actually map onto who held the token very cleanly - I'd agree with Brian's point here.

Thanks,

Spencer