Re: Guidelines for authors and reviewers

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Ted Hardie wrote:
> 	Can you describe  the difference between "early reviews
> performed by active participants" and just "participation"?   In my
> mind, folks making suggestions and noting issues with a document during
> the working group phase are WG contributors, not reviewers.  How do
> you see this?

If the reviewer is not subscribed to the WG list, and does not intend
to become subscribed to the list, yet does a review and sends comments
for a WG draft, then I'd say it's in the former camp.

Personally, I usually do that.  And it's a PITA that most WG mailing
lists where I try to send mail unsubscribed just throw the mails to a
black hole or a moderation queue that's never flushed. This is why I
Cc: the WG chairs on these messages.