RE: IETF71 hotel noise warning on Marriott web pages

> Is that going to be a large suite, a converted meeting room,
> or a room large enough to accommodate several hundred of us
> at the same time?  The question is important if it is
> reasonable to assume that all other small meeting spaces in
> the hotel (at least  those not specifically covered by
> contract) are going to be closed, noisy, dusty, or otherwise unusable.

Ray probably has photo mockups of the space that he could share.

> Between this and apparent efforts by the IAOC, IESG, and
> sponsor to deliberately disrupt the network, this is
> beginning to sound like the meeting to miss.

Well, we certainly hope not!  I think Russ' proposal was to do something
controlled for a very brief time during the plenary.  I know we've asked
to reconsider that as well - fearing that attendees would have the same
reaction that you just articulated.

Jason Livingood
Comcast