Re: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Sam Hartman wrote:
Hi.  Speaking as an individual, I'd like to make an explicit call for
members of the IETF community not involved in the PANA working group
to review draft-ietf-pana-framework.  Please speak up if you have done
such a review or attempted such a review and been unsuccessful.  Let
us know what you think PANA is intended to be useful for and whether
you think it is actually useful.

FWIW, I do not believe the current framework document as written is sufficiently clear in order to be able to evaluate where and under which conditions and assumptions the solution could be deployed. Therefore it is not feasible to evaluate the usefulness or applicability of the PANA protocol itself either.

My review is here:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg41231.html

There has been some follow-up work to clarify and address these.
Based on the discussion, I fear revision would take significant cycles, so the result remains to be seen.