Re: Diagrams (Was RFCs should be distributed in XML)

Andrew Sullivan wrote:

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 06:03:07PM +0200, Jari Arkko wrote:

There is. Lets not reopen the format flame war. However,
just for the record we DO have .pdf as a format that you
can submit Internet Drafts and as something that you

However these are not taken as normative, so you have to
produce an ASCII equivalent, which fundamentally limits the
complexity of any normative diagram.

My view is this is a serious restriction in the power
of the "language" that we are allowed to use to describe
our protocols, but then I am a person that finds it
much easier to understand diagrams than text.

- Stewart

- Stewart